Nanpaln Style Year 5 Sample Tests
|SUBJECT||TITLE||No of Questions / Time|
|Year 5 Numeracy Test 1 Year 5 Numeracy Test 2 Year 5 Numeracy Test 3 Year 5 Numeracy Test 4 Year 5 Numeracy Test 5||Sample Test Sample Test Sample Test Sample Test Sample Test||40 / 50min 40 / 50min 40 / 50min 40 / 50min 40 / 50min|
|Year 5 Reading Practice Test 1 Year 5 Reading Practice Test 2 Year 5 Reading Practice Test 3 Year 5 Reading Practice Test 4 Year 5 Reading Practice Test 5 Year 5 Reading Practice Test 6 Year 5 Reading Practice Test 7||Sample Test Sample Test Sample Test Sample Test Sample Test Sample Test Sample Test||40 / 50min 35 / 50min 37 / 50min 40 / 50min 40 / 50min 40 / 50min 40 / 50min|
|Year 5 Language Conventions Practice Test 1 Year 5 Language Conventions Practice Test 2||Sample Test Sample Test||44 / 40min 53 / 40min|
|Word Problems (Multiplication) Word Problems (Addition) Word Problems (Division) Word Problems (Subtraction) 2D Test 1 2D Test 2 3D Fraction Graphs-Charts Money Test 1 Money Test 1 Pattern-Sequence Time Test 1 Time Test 2 Data Angles||Topic Test Topic Test Topic Test Topic Test Topic Test Topic Test Topic Test Topic Test Topic Test Topic Test Topic Test Topic Test Topic Test Topic Test Topic Test Topic Test||10 / 10min 10 / 10min 10 / 10min 10 / 10min 13 / 13min 14 / 14min 11 / 11min 14 / 14min 11 / 11min 11 / 11min 11 /11min 12 /12min 11 /11min 11 /11min 10 /10min 10 /10min|
Free Resource of NAPLAN Year 5 numeracy Test Preparation
The following list provides you with the basic concepts that should be attained by the end of the school year. Mastery of the concepts at the previous grade is assumed.
- Read print numbers to 100 000 and locate, compare, order, represent, estimate and identify numbers to 100 000 using regular and expanded forms
- Full understanding of place value to the right and left of 0 - 4 places
- Count by 3's, 4's, 6's, 7's, 8's, 9's, and 10's, 11's and 12's to 144
- Multiplication facts are committed to memory up to the 12 X tables(Understand the division facts also)
- Understand decimals to the thousandths 0.013 and be able to add and subtract decimals.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of fractions and their related decimals to 100dths.
- Multiply and divide decimals
- Communicate mathematical thinking in problem solving - selecting the appropriate strategies
- Select the appropriate problem solving methods in word problems for the above operations
- Complete understanding of inches, feet, yards, miles, millimeters, centimeters, meters, kilometers and apply these terms to problem solving activities
- Measure accuratey, and make appropriate estimations of which units of measure apply.
- Construct or illustrate items using a variety of units of measure
- Estimate and round accurately
- Read and write dates using a variety of methods (Jan. 10, 2002, 02/10/02 etc.)
- Money amounts to $1000.00 in making change and in problem solving
- Investigate and solve measurement problems with circumference, perimeter, volume, capacity and area and explain the rules and apply the formulas
- Identify, sort, classify, construct, measure, and apply a variety of geometric shapes and figures and problems
- Full understanding of geometric properties and relationships
- Classify triangles by side properties and types (obtuse, isosceles) etc.
- Identify the 2-D nets that the solids are represented by and construct the nets
- Measure and construct a variety of triangle and angles with the protractor
- Explore and discover tiling patterns that cover a plane and tesselations
- Understand the coordinate system on both maps and grids
- Identify, create, analyze and extend patterns and describe the rules with more than one variable
- Determine the values in equations when there are missing terms in the four operations and provide the rules
- Determine the amount in missing values when given an equation that involve more than 1 operation
- Demonstrate equivalence in equations with the 4 operations